FRIEZE NEW YORK…
- Brings in $8 million in revenue from gallery booth rentals alone.
- Pays less than $1/sq foot on public park land on which it mounts its massive tent.
EAST HARLEM & SOUTH BRONX…
- Have a median household income that is between $20,000 to $30,000 respectively, one-third of the cost of a booth rented by a blue chip gallery.
- Have long been fighting against privatization and to keep Randall’s Island accessible to its local residents.
FRIEZE SHOULD GIVE BACK
- What if Frieze New York gave back to the neighborhoods that surround Randall’s Island in return for its takeover of public land?
- What if Frieze New York redistributed the massive accumulation of wealth it participates in each year during the fair?
- What if 1% of the estimated $8 million fair revenue were granted to artists and arts organizations in East Harlem and South Bronx?
For information about the details of the proposal, please contact email@example.com